Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hi Everyone

22 comments:

Staci Anne said...

Hi Aunt Kathy, you didn't waste any time did you!!!! Love ya...

Adoralice said...

Hi
Way to go with the blog! Nothing new for us here today...Jack worked late, Eamon was a kid and I was a Mom. Another wonderful day in paradise!

UB 55 said...

Hi Splash, Good on ya Mate. Hope this works out. We have returned to Pahrump, and will leave for Orange County, Ca. for ten days and then start out northern journey. Hoping all is well with everyone and hope we will keep in touch. Love to All, UB 55 (Bozo)

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!
It's a lazy Sunday afternoon here in Needville. We had a little lunch after church and now Pat is taking a nap.
Yesterday was John & Jacqueline's baby shower. Only about 8 weeks until Beckett arrives.
I hope we can all keep in touch with this blog. It was wonderful to see everyone last week and this will help us stay connected.
Love to all, Sherry

Adoralice said...

hey hey its magic.....

I don't know why I typed that but it is the song in my head....among many other things... Eamon is almost walking...he takes about 3-4 steps and then realizes what he is doing and then drops and crawls....but he is trying to walk more often than before.....it is all so fast. We are going to go to the pool this evening I am going to make dinner for the road and then the pool with Dad and us and then home to bed....see you later peeps.

UB 55 said...

Hi All, It's cool 65 degrees, and I'm enjoying the morn with my Maxwell House. Cris is still in mimi land and I soon must start with the rest of my projects. We leave for the So.Cal coast fri. morn. The days have been hot 107-112 and the wind blew for a couple of days. Travelin and trailerin have been fine, but its time to start moving again. The Magic is still around. Love to all. UB55

Anonymous said...

It's nice here this morning also and I'm on my second cup of coffee. I miss having Bob & Cris parked in the driveway and being able to share our morning coffee. Oh well, we'll be able to do it again someday.
Pat is fighting a losing fight against the lawn. We broke down and bought a new riding mower but with all the rain we've had lately our yard looks like a jungle. I'm not really complaining. I know lots of places need the rain and you just deal with what you get.
Hope everyone is doing well. How are the newlyweds? And the parents of the newlyweds? I know the feeling of freedom that comes after a big event.
Did Eamon enjoy his afternoon outing yesterday? He is so adorable.
Love to all, Sherry

Adoralice said...

HI all

We ended up staying home and not swimming tues....Jack worked late.
:(

Alexia babysat for us last night and Jack and I went to dinner and to see Transformers. We got home at 1:30 AM and I stayed up till 3Am looking at this website...

www.sarahandfred.com

My dream wedding site (can I talk Jack into renewing our vows there???)
Anyway, today Eamon and went to Melissa's house and went for a swim and lunch her and her daughter Lily who is 9 months. We came home and took a nap.

After nap someone took about 5-6 steps back and forth across our living room and the kitchen....He is SOOO proud of himself. I took some video and wanted to post it but I could not edit it or get it to play on my computer and so I could not post it here. I will try and get all that stuff working.

And then Daddy came home and Eamon showed off his new skills and we just beamed (Jack and I)
Our little boy is growing so fast.

So when is the reunion??? I miss everyone as well! A Cris suggested April '08. What do you guys think??

Talk to you all soon

My friend Jason is coming to visit next week and he is going to teach me how to post stuff so maybe we can kick up our website a notch on the fancy scale...like being able to post pictures and video and stuff.

Bye!

Rebecca said...

Hi all! Sorry I haven't posted yet. I've been busy as usual. Trying to catch up at work for the few days I missed for the wedding. (BTW, loved the wedding pics.) and now we're taking a week off to take my youth group to Orlando for a youth gathering. It'll be fun, but I'll stress the whole time about getting the kids back home in one piece!! :)

Reunion talk - the beginning of April is bad for us accountants in the family. But the end of April is fine. Where are we having it? If you want it in Texas we'll all have to get hotel rooms. No space at the Ryan casa right now (well after we move in with them). This is our plan for those I haven't told it to. We're trying to sell our current house soon (in a month or two) and move in with mom & dad. Then we'll be able to focus on the new house - which I hope will be ready by Fall 08 or spring 09. So we'll be living together a LONG time. But we all think we can handle the togetherness.

Wow - sorry for the long post. Gotta go to lunch now. My friends are waiting for me!

Love to all...

Anonymous said...

Just talked to Rebecca about the reunion. Being a CPA her busy season extends into April so April would not be good for her. Bob & Cris have some weeks in June & July that are booked. I think any summer month when the kids are out of school would work. Texas schools get out at the end of May, but I think it's later up north. I guess the first step is to determine what's good for everyone so blog your available dates and we can go from there.
Also I don't know if we have picked a place as of yet. Rebecca & Shawn's home won't be ready by next summer but we could still meet in Texas. Maybe at a hotel or beach house in Galveston or something. We rented a beach house for Rebecca's bachelorette weekend and it had beds for about 15 or 17. There are lots of those for rent by the week and other options as well. The benefit of that would be doing our own meals instead of eating out. We would need several houses if we had a lot of people. Also the San Antonio area and the Hill Country. But it doesn't have to be here if someone else has a better idea we can travel. The main thing is get together without a huge expense for everyone. The family has over 50 people that may come so put on your thinking caps and dream of next summer and all the fun we could have and the memories we could make.
Sounds like Eamon is on the move.
Enjoy every moment you have with him. Kathy & I were reminiscing online about when our kids were little. Jacqueline is 29 years old today and looking back over the past 29 years I realize how fast it flew by.
Godspeed Bob & Cris. Enjoy your journey.
Love,
Sherry

Adoralice said...

hi-
the beach house sounds like a great idea. I know I would be great with that because of Eamon so Beckett and his Mommy would probably like that too! Some place we can drive to is always good.
Are summer rates in August better than the begining of summer.
So I think Atlanta is out because we were all just here.
The wedding pics are great! I still can't believe it is over. Seems like Courtney and Kathy had been planning for so long and then poof it is over.
So not much new here...mom baby (toddler) and dad......all still safe in ATL
Rebecca - Be safe on your trip and have a blast. I am so happy that your are doing youth group stuff....when I was doing that I met this really great guy....and well I married him....
Are you doing disney or another theme park or is it for the gathering event there?safe trip
How was the baby shower?

Reunion destinations sounds good to me. I think that later summer would be best for us. Not that we really have anything set in stone but overall....

well I gotta run

talk to you all soon
Dory

UB 55 said...

Hi All, made it to Orange County, Ca. yesterday afternoon. Traffic getting here got bad when we hit So.Cal and we had a head wind all the way from Baker Ca. We used a buch of fuel but we made it. The campground is nice, lots of trees and the Santa Ana river flows through it. We are enjoying the relaxation. We are open to most anything about the reunion. We just need to know where. Have a Great Saturday. Peace and Love to All. UB 55

Anonymous said...

Why do the weekends go so fast?
It's a little after 9:00 PM and I'm thinking about going to bed. Rebecca and Shawn took pity on us today and trimmed the bushes and trees. Maybe our rain is over for a while.
Rebecca & I went to Jacqueline's on Saturday and they have all the little clothes washed for Beckett. The shower for them last week was a lot of fun...we had barbeque sandwiches,several different kinds of salad and an adorable baby carriage made out of a watermelon filled with melon and cantelope balls. Rebecca bought a huge stork balloon saying It's a Boy and put it outside so people would know where to come. The next day some neighbors from down the street who Jacqueline & John talk to occasionally showed up at their door with a baby gift thinking the baby was already here because they saw the stork the day before.
I asked for information on the internet about Eureka Springs, Arkansas because I always thought that would be a fun place to visit and was thinking about the reunion and got about 140 e-mails from all these hotels and B&B's so I guess they are looking for tourists!!
So far next summer looks open for us. Cameron graduates on June 6th. They are starting later this year so school is ending one week later. We realized he will be graduating 40 years to the day that Pat graduated from Seminole High School. June 6, 1968. Wow.
Glad To hear Bob & Cris made it safely to California.
Hope everyone has a great week.
Love from Sherry & Pat

Adoralice said...

the campground sounds so nice. Just perferct.
I agree weekends go way to fast.
just a quick check in I must catch my walking baby

dory

UB 55 said...

Hi All, yesterday we had a National Geographic moment. We were on our walk through the river bottom and ran across two men holding a Red Shouldered Hawk. We stopped and talked for a bit (20 minutes) and found out lots about these birds. The handler weighed and measuresed the male and the fed it with somefield mice. The mice were cut up and then force fed into the holding pouch just inside the hawks mouth. The bird was in very good condition and the feathers were just remarkable. After the physical and feeding they asked if we would like to launch it. Cris wanted me to launch it so I did. I held the hawk with my right hand and the bird was calm while I marveled at its size and beauty, but alas it was time to launch the bird. I swung my arm up and released my grip. The hawk flew about 25 yrds to a branch about 15 feet off the ground, perched looked at us and was probably wondering what the hell happened. It was awsome. The hawk flew away after a time and we continued our walk. Love to all, UB55

Anonymous said...

Time to get ready for another week. Everyone is fine here. Rebecca & Shawn back from Orlando and they brought Beckett his first set of Mickey Mouse ears. He should be here in about 4 weeks.
Pat & I are planning to take Patrick to the water park in Galveston. Cameron works at the movie theater and has been getting Patrick in free to see all the latest movies. Kevin works at the mall. They have all had a good summer so far.
Hope everyone has a great week. Sounds like Bob really enjoyed his encounter with the hawk. I'm with Cris though...YOU do it Bob. Ha! Ha!
Love to all, Sherry & Pat

Adoralice said...

Hello all!

Just a quick note to let you all know that I have stared a blof for Eamon! It is about time huh??
I think we should all start our own blogs and keep them linked so we can keep up with each other. I am also using blogger (the same system as this blog.) It is super easy and I love sharing with you all and hearing about your lives.
Hope you are all doing well.
much love
Atlanta Lessl's

http://eamonalexander.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Dory's suggestion is great about us starting our own blogs however we will have to get one of the kids or grandkids to show us how!!!
ha! ha! We have enjoyed the photos of Eamon on his blog.
Still waiting for Beckett to arrive. It should be within the week so it's getting closer.
The boys started back to school yesterday. Cameron is a senior, Kevin is a junior and Patrick is in 5th grade.
Shawn & Rebecca are almost finished painting the exterior of their house. Between the rain and the blistering sun it has been a chore!
Hope all is well with everyone.
Love,
Pat & Sherry

Swilling Family said...

Hey everyone - it's Jacqueline. Can't sleep. It's 4:30 am here and Beckett is taking his sweet time. Due date is Monday but my dr got my hopes up two weeks ago that he would be here "any day now". Well, here we are - still waiting. I'm ready to meet him though. We'll send out a note as soon as he is here and hopefully can get some pics out quickly. Glad you are all doing well. Talk again soon.

ChattyKathy said...

Hi. Well, I hadn't been posting even after I started this blog...finally recuped from the wedding..been super swamped working, etc. I am so happy to see everyone liked posting here...I'll try and do better...
Love, kathy

UB 55 said...

Hi All, UB55 here and trying to figure out how to link this to the Travelin Ryans Blog. I'll soon figure it out. The waiting game for J.R. cannot be fun and a lot of us can remember it well. Hoping J & J have success soon.
Love to you all.
Cris & Bob

Anonymous said...

It's midnight in the Ryan casa. Pat is sleeping to the Jerry Lewis Telethon.
We finished painting Shawn & Rebecca's house yesterday which was a great feeling!!!It threatened to rain all day and actually rained a for a short time but we finished the job.
No plans for tomorrow except wait for Beckett. Hope everyone has a relaxing holiday.